728 x 90

Helpful Ways to Correctly Read the Chocolate Label and Buy the Best One

Helpful Ways to Correctly Read the Chocolate Label and Buy the Best One

These days chocolate label comes with a maze of label. Reading it becomes more than an academic exercise. A lot of people fail to understand exactly what a chocolate is made up of. If you are going through the same problem, then you need not worry anymore. Here are some ways that will educate you

These days chocolate label comes with a maze of label. Reading it becomes more than an academic exercise. A lot of people fail to understand exactly what a chocolate is made up of. If you are going through the same problem, then you need not worry anymore. Here are some ways that will educate you about chocolate ingredients so that you can learn it well.

Bean to Bar

If the chocolate private label says “bean to bar”, then it implies that the manufacturer has used the entire cacao beans to manufacture the chocolate. He has roasted, grinded and smoothed it to form delicious chocolate right from scratch. If it does not say these words, then it implies that pre-made chocolate is melted, with addition of some other ingredients. This strategy they use to form their own signature bar.

Cacao Percentage

If your chocolate bar says that it is made up of 70 percent of cacao, then it implies that it consists of cocoa butter and cocoa solids. The rest 30 percent of it includes vanilla, sugar, coconut, almonds, raspberries, etc. In case of a dark chocolate it is made up of higher percentage of cacao as compared to a milk chocolate.

Ingredients

Many chocolate maker firms use only two ingredients to prepare their creation. These ingredients are sugar and cacao beans. There are also some chocolate manufacturers who also use ingredients such as soy lecithin and cocoa butter to enhance texture, and vanilla for taste. If a chocolate bar contains “non-cocoa” butter fats such as vegetable oil, artificial sweeteners, and milk substitutes, then it is not considered chocolate at all. It would have the label as “made with chocolate” or “chocolatey”.

Expiration date

Like most of the other foods present on the market, chocolates also come with an expiry date. The cocoa butter starts to separate it from the cocoa solids. This causes the bar to turn into white color. Eating an expired or stale bar, that has crossed its expiry date can cause you health issues.

Inclusion Bars

Inclusion bars are those that have some extra goodies added into the cocoa base. These goodies can be almonds, sea salt, pretzels, toffee, peppermint, raspberries, and so on.

Conclusion

Nowadays, with so many different varieties of chocolate bar, selection of the right chocolate bar is really an overwhelming decision. So, the next time, when you are out in the market to buy chocolate, it is important to pay attention to these elements to get an idea what exactly you will be eating.

admin
ADMINISTRATOR
PROFILE

Posts Carousel